boxing day sales rule

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
I went to big als for their boxing day sale and got 25% off my new fish. Certain fish were even 75% off. I picked up 3 Lab. pearlmutt, 1 red empress and 1 taiwan reef and saved almost 20$.

They are all in my 10gal q tank waiting for my fishless cycle to finish.My question is how big do the have to be to start showing color? Right now the red empress and taiwan reef are both around 1 1/2" long and have no color except some stripes and spots.

Darkangel

AC Members
Nov 16, 2002
Oshawa, ON, Canada
My Big Als shopping trip, before savings-$204.47 after savings and cashing in 2000 points out of pocket $67.44. What a great day. Those are way to many fish for that tank. They are fine right now but they will grow and rather quickly if properly cared for. The taiwan reff and red empress should both get to at least 5 inches. The pearlmutts should get to about 4 inches. Expect them to start to show colours at about half these sizes. If you ended up with females those colours are all you are going to get I am afraid. Sorry just noticed the 10 is a Q tank. What size tank are they destined for?

oscarlvr

AC Members
Dec 19, 2001
Edmonton, Alta
i lust bought my gravel, filters heaters, pwr heads ect for my 150 gal set up from big als yesterday at a cost of $750, with a savings of $200, awsome boxing days discount there, also looked at there fish room and %25 off everything with more disconts on certin fish,, yes there boxing day sale rules. i still seen some labs left but you must have got the las red emp and tawian reef, did you also see that amsome sulpher head they had, if the fish you got are males they shud color around 2-3", i believe the labs are colored already, both females and males

bob

Last edited:

valerie

AC Members
Apr 18, 2001
Edmonton, AB
the tank they are going into is my new 90gal. I jsut have to fishless cycle it.

I don't know if the red empress or taiwan reef are female as all the fish in their tanks look jsut like they do. The LAb pearlmutt already have their color so they are fine, it jsut the red empress and taiwan reef.

I have heard it takes quite a while for taiwan reef to reach full colors.

oscarlvr: I did get the last taiwan but there were still lots of red empresses. I didn't see the sulfur head?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store