Brackish tank build: F8s, gobies, and more

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zachjohnson65

AC Members
Mar 31, 2007
Staunton, VA
Very nice looking tank, i had one but i could not get over the shoulder length cleanings.
i would second the 1 puffer with a few BB gobies.

Gobioides

AC Members
Oct 27, 2008
I personally wouldn't keep any puffer with BBG's, but a lot of people seem to have done it without problems.

There are plants in one of my brackish tanks right now that seem to be doing well. At ~1.006, Vallisneria, Java moss, and microsword are growing without problems. Even the little bit of Glossostigma I put in there seems to be hanging on. The SG used to be higher, and at that time, frogbit and red tiger lotus died in the tank.
I'm waiting till I have more plants to spare before I try other species.

jenazen69

AC Members
Jun 19, 2004
buffalo, NY
msn.com
If you are going to move them to the 55 gallon I would get the sponge in your current setup so it can seed. I have only had dwarf puffers for a few months. I had freshwater puffers so I cant help with the brackish part of this question. BTW can you show some close ups of your DYI co2. I have been trying to get up the courage to start making one for my 29 gallon planted tank.

brackbrat

AC Members
Jul 15, 2008
WI
Once you move over to the 55 I would try Knight gobies instead of the BBG's altogether... I love my Fig-8 to death but I still wouldn't trust him with those tiny little things. With the small footprint of the hex, you could probably do only one Knight goby, more in a 55...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store