Breeding glofish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Damodred

Addict.
Dec 5, 2008
NE Iowa
Its not a hybrid acctually.. a glofish is a zebra danio with an added gene for color

its breeding a zebra danio with a zebra danio... it will create a fully functional (fertil) purebred species with a couple added genes for fins and color.... that is not a hybrid
And it's not a new species either, just a color variant.

technomagemiami

Registered Member
Sep 4, 2009
I just joined.Not sure how this works but here goes! Hi Everybody!! Just like that person over at aquaticplantcentral I had some red glofish and some long-finned Leopard Danios in my display tank.Had a sudden outbreak of hair algae,pulled it out,put it in an empty bucket for a few hours to throw out and decided instead to put in small empty tank.A few days later I had glofish-leopard danio crosses swimming around!!! Glad I didn't throw that algae out!! Will post some pics when they get a little bigger.They do look cool though.

kev2468

Registered Member
Feb 4, 2011
Do the the glo-danio hybrids still glow under black light as well as the parent fish? and can you spot eggs under a black light?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store