Bree's Discus Tank Build Thread

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
:( :( :(

What a bummer.
Yesterday I broke a bone in my foot. I had to cancel my order with Kenny and I'm holding off on the tank upgrade. Now the money I was spending on the new discus gets to go towards my medical bill. Ughh... :(

Anyways, now I'm planning on getting the last 3 discus from Kenny's shipment in August. Until then, I have my first group of 6 still, and all are doing very well! I'll post an update video on Friday.. that will make 2 weeks with these guys!

Wish I hadn't broken my foot, but life happens.
Still love the fish I have and I'm still excited for the fish I'll be buying in August.

sushiray

AC Members
Jan 14, 2009
new windsor, ny
looking great! not sure if anyone has given you tips on discus foto's, but after they are use to your feeding (I feed in the same spot each time to train them), all I have to do is raise my hand mid-glass level at the right side of the tank to the lid top & they all come a racing like puppies panting for their food! my angels are also trained to expect food in the same spot!

hope foot heals quickly!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
So sorry to hear of your broken bone Bree. Take care of yourself first.....the fish will be available any time. Speedy recovery to you!

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Thanks, guys!

Couldn't help it... Just brought home a 100 gallon :)
Tank upgrade down, now to buy more discus.... :)

Bree7

AC Members
May 22, 2010
Great start! Tank looks great.

Thank you! I will post some pics of the new tank tomorrow. Got it all cleaned out and set up, but I'm waiting to put the discus in for a couple of days. I want to get a white background installed on the inside of the tank. I have a big group of angelfish coming in on Thursday that will be taking over my 55 :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store