Bricks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Beowulff83

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Wellington Oh,
I was wondering, could you add standard bricks to an aquarium? The bricks in question were to be used on my grandparents house but they never used them. The bricks have sat out in the weather for probably around 30 years i would say now.

Ajordan

Se?or Member - Get it?
Nov 21, 2006
Massachusetts
never hurts to test if it will screw with water chem (buckets work nicely). Even then, my gut feeling is that bricks would be fine.

Stidham

AC Members
Jan 17, 2004
Visit site
I don't think they would hurt anything as long as they were clean. I am very interested in how you're going to use them though

Beowulff83

AC Members
Feb 5, 2007
Wellington Oh,
I don't think they would hurt anything as long as they were clean. I am very interested in how you're going to use them though
Not too sure yet either, gonna make a wall/cave/hiding spots for my africans. The idea came to me last night when i was thinking of makeing a better tank for them. Just not sure how im gonna go about it yet.

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
ditto^ keep us posted.

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Make sure to knock any mortar off! Mortar is lime-based and could raise your pH. Other than that, like everyone else said so long as it's clean it should be fine. Terracotta is inert.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store