BTA Not Doing So Well, need help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

zmazza

nano r33f 4 u
Feb 21, 2006
Sounds good Max. Thanks for the tip. So a silverside every 3 to 4 days? I was feeding him one every night since Saturday. He's kind of blown up now, like a hot air balloon (for lack of better words.) One side of his tentacles are halfway out, and the others are drawn in towards his body. I'll try and get a picture tonight. What could be wrong with him?

I'm planning on adding just a capful of the reef supplement, which includes a bit of iodine, for my peppermint shrimp. I plan on adding one half-capful every 2 weeks for my 10 gallon reef tank. I'm not testing for iodine or calcium.... so I'm going to try and dose it as little as possible to keep from overdosing. Apart from my weekly 10% and my monthly 20% on my 10 gallon and 29 gallon respectively... I think that dosing schedule will be alright.

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
I think that if you give a varied diet to the tank you probably won't need to suppliment at all. I'd say that the anem is over full please keep us posted.
P.S.
If he looks all melty some time in the next few days don't be alarmed it's just having a b.m.

rightnow

AC Members
Jul 1, 2006
I think that if you give a varied diet to the tank you probably won't need to suppliment at all. I'd say that the anem is over full please keep us posted.
P.S.
If he looks all melty some time in the next few days don't be alarmed it's just having a b.m.

Did you check your nitrates, because with no protein skimmer nitrates can become a porblem and BTA's hate NItrates. Bring some water to the LFS and tell tehm to check your nitrates, I think they are goinh to be high. Thank lets us know what they are.

zmazza

nano r33f 4 u
Feb 21, 2006
I'll have to check that. It's weird that none of the other fish are showing any signs of high nitrates, and even the feather dusters are all over the place. I do plan on getting a protein skimmer in the next few months. I was thinking of the miniflotor. I like the coralife super skimmer, but it will be hanging on my tank and my tank is pushed all the way up against the wall.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store