bubble on frogspawn

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
there is a clear bubble near the mouth of one of the heads of my frogspawn. at first (little under a week ago) i though it had caught a bubble algae that broke loose (best guess i had no idea really) and it was stuck there and went clear and would disappear after a day or so. well it hasn't so obviously that's not what it is. any ideas??

it was kinda hard to get a shot i had to wait for the current to be just right. it is just a big clear bubble right there in the middle of it's head, like i said right over or next to the mouth it looks like (hard to tell). thanks!

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
My hammer looks a bit stretched when it is trying to divide but I've seen photos where it will bubble a bit over that area. And are you certain there isn't a 2nd bubble? It sure looks there is one about the same height close to the left edge of the photo.

gomrjoe

AC Members
May 22, 2006
Miami, FL.
I have the same thing on my frogspawn, it is definitely starting to split. That is what they look like as they start to split.

As for your avatar and your husband... I wouldn't be jealous, but I am a reefer, probably doesn't count. My wife makes comments now and then that she didn't realize that she was also marrying my fish tank! She is hooked now though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store