Bubbles...a whole lot of them.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ratlova30

AC Members
Apr 2, 2010
Washington
Real Name
Chelsea
I have this bubbling in all my tanks and I'm pretty sure the culprit is the cheap tetra water conditioner I use. I doesn't get so bad in the tank with little surface movement but in the tanks with a lot of agitation from air pumps the bubbles get pretty heavy. Doesn't harm the fish though.

Mike4155

AC Members
Feb 15, 2011
Miami
Real Name
Mike "Captain America" Houston
@koldsoup yes, exactly like that but 100 times more bubbles. I can't even see inside the tank w/o moving them away. I guess its because I just set up my tank on Saturday?

@aviva That is pretty funny. I love the new black sand though. It looks great in my tank.

Mike4155

AC Members
Feb 15, 2011
Miami
Real Name
Mike "Captain America" Houston
@ratlova So just get rid of the ****ty water conditioner huh? I knew i shouldn't have skimped on that crap.

aviva90

AC Members
Jun 19, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Real Name
Aviva
Yea, I agree, the black sand is amazing! I'm at the end of week 3 cycling and the bubbles are pretty much gone, just so you know. Still no idea on cause, but I do know that sand has lots of air bubbles in it that get released and sit on top of the tank, and they may have been one influence... but just speculation. What are your plans for the tank?

To3kn33

AC Members
Jul 3, 2010
London
Real Name
Tony
looks like a spa bath nearly, maybe a glass of wine and a soak? haha

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I know that when mixing my water conditioner with my tap water I do get some larger bubbles. But by the time I get to my tank and let it sit a bit to make sure the water is conditioned the bubbles are gone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store