Buenos Aires Tetras and Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
I had a school of six Buenos Aires Tetras but am now down to three. I made a poor choice in getting these fish because I didn't realize they eat plants like crazy. Anyway, I know they should be in a larger group but I have no intention of buying more. I want to add more fish of a different kind that won't eat plants, or at least not so much. I'm thinking of about six Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish. Anybody kept these together? Will the Buenos Aires harass the Rainbowfish?

Tifftastic

"With your powers combined . . ."
Sep 9, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
Real Name
Tiff
I've never personally kept dwarf rainbows, but when we had them in the shop I worked in they were really robust and tended to be the ones picking at other fish. I would suspect you shouldn't have much problems, as long as your tank has ample enough space for both species.

cubequeen

AC Members
Apr 28, 2007
Indiana
www.etsy.com
Real Name
Karen
I've never personally kept dwarf rainbows, but when we had them in the shop I worked in they were really robust and tended to be the ones picking at other fish. I would suspect you shouldn't have much problems, as long as your tank has ample enough space for both species.
Cool. Thanks for the input!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store