Bulkheads?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

costa78

Registered Member
Aug 10, 2009
I bought 2 diamond drill bits like the one you linked through ebay. They work fine, just remember to use the drills high speed setting. Also, through some research I came across a good idea to build a small dam around the are you want to drill, using plumbers putty. Then fill that area with water. Finally start the drill at an angle until the glass is scored and slowly lower it. If you search on youtube, you can find several helpful videos.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I bought 2 diamond drill bits like the one you linked through ebay. They work fine, just remember to use the drills high speed setting. Also, through some research I came across a good idea to build a small dam around the are you want to drill, using plumbers putty. Then fill that area with water. Finally start the drill at an angle until the glass is scored and slowly lower it. If you search on youtube, you can find several helpful videos.

Thats how i did mine a couple of years ago when i drilled the display tank...

100_1462.JPG

100_1462.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store