Buying Meds

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lachette

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
TX
So after fighting a loosing battle when my angels came down with parasites, and LFS meds don't work, more reading has brought me to a few wormers:

flubendazole(flubenol)
fenbendazole(panacure)
levamisole

After looking around on the internet, i haven't been able to find anywhere that sells them.

Now before i try Round 3 of keeping angels and completely throwing out everything in the tank, bleaching the tank and buying new substrate, plants, etc. as i have for the first 2 rounds, I want to get some of these meds before getting angels.

Ive bought these angels from a local breeder and after talking to him, he is very confused as to why they developed parasites after coming to my tank, he has even helped clean up and reestablish the tank for round 2 which i lost... Ive used the same food as him and from the same source, so i have no idea where they are coming from. I even get the live plants from is very own tanks where he keeps is angels successfully. So i have no idea how im getting them.

Ive tried jungle labs tank buddies fizzy tabs to keep the parasites at bay, that seemed to work after 2 doses (once a week) and all of a sudden the fish started dropping unexpectedly about a month after.

I got 2 angels left, and im desperate now. Im tired of perfectly fine angels dieing.

Before anyone asks:
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrates: .3 (planted tank with added ferts)

Does anyone have any sources of any of these meds?

Thanks in advance!

nelson76

AC Members
Jun 7, 2007
RI
I had trouble finding levamisole for my clown loaches,the only place that had it sold it as a pigeon dewormer and was pretty expensive,after treatment you might also need to medicate from the side effects of the fish dropping the worms which can cause bacterial infections you can medicate with maracyn 1 and 2, I got the levamisole from Vita King Pigeon Supplies their phone number is (574)272-2445,they're in Indiana,
You can also find what dosage is necessary at www.loaches.com
Hope this info helps, good luck

Lachette

AC Members
Mar 27, 2008
TX
Pidgen Meds! Wow never would have thought it would be there too but at the same time not really surprised. And all this time i was looking for Pig wormer since that's all Ive seen so far from that loches.com page.

Good start thanks for the info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store