Can I add another clown?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
i think it should work for you. but i dont know in a small tank like yours they might run into eachother at every turn =)
Well, there's also my concern about overstocking:D
Robbie

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
The female always beats the crap out of the male until dominance is complete, then the get along.
Hmmm....that reminds me that my anniversary is coming up.
Ba-dum-bum. :D
Robbie

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Well, this guy is quite docile. He even hangs out at the top of the tank and I can drop food to him...maybe this is common, but it's new for me....quite cool.
I'm gonna try it and let you know how it works.
Thanks for all the input!!:)
Robbie

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Robbie with the size of your tank you could probably get away with more than 2.. You should be fine.. If you have a question just try to find a smaller juvi than the one you have.. Mine still bicker with each other. My true perc has to re-establish that she is the boss at least once a day.. (why does that sound so familiar).. ;)

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
Robbie with the size of your tank you could probably get away with more than 2.. You should be fine.. If you have a question just try to find a smaller juvi than the one you have.. Mine still bicker with each other. My true perc has to re-establish that she is the boss at least once a day.. (why does that sound so familiar).. ;)
:D:D:D
I did find one that is a little smaller than this one...we'll see what happens. The chromis still dart at each other quite often but for the most part they get along pretty well. The clown pays no attention to them at all.
Robbie

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
The pecking order thing is kinda funny. My Damsel does it to every fish the first day we have them. Then after that all is good. However when I got my clown he picked on the Damsel from time to time to let him know whats up.
I expected that the largest chromis would be da boss but it's actually one of the smaller ones of the five that keeps the rest in line:nutkick:. It's very interesting to watch...as long as they don't tear each other up.
Thanks!
Robbie

vorlx

yadda yadda
Aug 30, 2007
Broken Arrow, OK
I expected that the largest chromis would be da boss but it's actually one of the smaller ones of the five that keeps the rest in line:nutkick:. It's very interesting to watch...as long as they don't tear each other up.
Thanks!
Robbie
Yeah, my damsel is one of the smaller of the bunch. At least I know he isn't just playing favorites because he attacks anything I put in the tank. Net, Algae scraper, my arm. LOL.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Yeah, my damsel is one of the smaller of the bunch. At least I know he isn't just playing favorites because he attacks anything I put in the tank. Net, Algae scraper, my arm. LOL.
LOL.. My False Perc was like that for a while.. Now he pretty much ignores anything but livestock..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store