Can you mix these?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
Canon Eos 450d, GoPro and my phone camera
Did the image not show up? ? Blue planet tri sulfa and blue planet paracide. Was treating for columnaris but I'm thinking my fish might have gill flukes too...
He's on the tri sulfa treatment at the moment, some of the gray fuzz that was covering his head is gone but his gill looks worse, sticking out more with white stuff inside it.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
PurpleGem PurpleGem , I couldn't find out much about the 2 medication brands you posted so see if there is a phone number or website link on the bottles so you can contact them directly. Usually there is a list of contraindications in either the instructions or on their website.

Reactions: PurpleGem

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
This is a bad idea. The left bottle says it is Trichlorfon which is an extremely harsh medication, banned in many states. It's not just the combination but just using a dangerous organophosphate like Trichlorfon without knowing the water chemistry, temperature and species, for something trivial you aren't even sure of, like gill flukes (which you can only see under a microscope, btw.)? This is possibly lethal for the fish and should only be administered by professionals, and even then... which year is it from ? We have very safe anthelmintic products now.

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
Good to know, I'm glad I asked first. Thanks. I didn't realise that it was such a harsh medication, it's on the shelves of many stores here in Western Australia. I don't think I'll use it anyway in the future, I keep forgetting, I got it from the reduced shelf and only realised after I bought the paracide that it had already expired....what a waste of money.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Good to know, I'm glad I asked first. Thanks. I didn't realise that it was such a harsh medication, it's on the shelves of many stores here in Western Australia. I don't think I'll use it anyway in the future, I keep forgetting, I got it from the reduced shelf and only realised after I bought the paracide that it had already expired....what a waste of money.
For future, just ask before you get something you know no thing about ;) Would Artemiss and Herbtana in where you live? Both are great, Artemiss has actually stopped my fighters columnaris getting worse. Make sure you use them separate on separate times, and add 1-2 days of additional treatment days.

Reactions: PurpleGem

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I got it from the reduced shelf and only realised after I bought the paracide that it had already expired
That makes sense, I wouldn't be surprised Trichlorfon has been banned in Australia for a long time and it's actually over a decade (or even 2) old. If it is unopened try and get your money back... it's probably illegal for them to sell it.

PurpleGem

AC Members
Nov 18, 2020
Perth, Western Australia
Camera Used
For future, just ask before you get something you know no thing about ;) Would Artemiss and Herbtana in where you live? Both are great, Artemiss has actually stopped my fighters columnaris getting worse. Make sure you use them separate on separate times, and add 1-2 days of additional treatment days.
I've been recommended Artemiss before but they don't sell it here. Haven't heard of Herbtana either, I doubt they sell it too. It's hard cause a lot of the medications people use to treat fish are sold in America and it's difficult to get here...

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store