Carpet anemone?? good or bad?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

stevew

Been There, Done That...
Feb 25, 2006
Germantown, MD 20874
300 gallons allows for more diversity and less fluctuation. Reef tanks require more lighting and other factors including care than a fish only tank. I've had success with a carpet, but as someone else pointed out, your milleage may vary. Without proper ligthing and other conditions, a carpet could easily start to shrink in size and eventually die. I have no idea if others will have sucess or not, just stating that I have given my lighting, tank size, water quality, clowns, etc.

I do NOT recommend a lion fish in a reef tank. In fact, other than clowns, I stick to Tangs only in a reef. This has allowed me to house many different types of inverts and coral without fear and beneficial micro reef life flourish without all of the predators. The Tangs add movement and color and eliminate most macro/micro algae issues. I think that their feeding requirements are simpler to handle as well. Most of their needs can be met by placing a sheet of Nori on a clip.

If you have to have Angels, Lions, etc., maintain a separate fish only tank. You'll be much happier with the results and your reef tank will thank you.

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
Not only is a lionfish bad for a reef tank but a reeftank is bad for a lion, the bright lighting is not for thier task and can even casue blindness in some lions

clos10

jrwarrior23
Feb 6, 2006
Rohnert Park, CA
IVe had my lion for over 2 years and he is thriving so Thats all im gonna say. I actually took him as charity. He was really in bad shape when I got him and I felt bad so i made a deal with the guy at the store and got him for half off thn I nutured him back and now he is doing great...he is the main fish in th tank ...I am eventually gettting a FOWLR and he is going to go there but as of now he is still in my reef

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store