Celestrial Pearl Danios

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
I found out that the CPDS will spawn in a baseball sized amount of java moss instead of the basketball size that used to be in there. I guess give them some sort of plants and they will get jiggy in it.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
do you think the cories could be eating the eggs?
feel free to send some of those my way. :) i have yet to find somewhere to get them in canada

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
do you think the cories could be eating the eggs?
feel free to send some of those my way. :) i have yet to find somewhere to get them in canada
In my 10 gallon is the main breeding tank with the CPD adults and the 29 gallon does have cories but only fry which are either freeswimming/freshly hatched and clinging to the glass.

I do have a 5 gallon hexagon tank which I use to hatch the eggs and when free swimming or a few weeks old I than move them to the 29 gallon tank.

Rescaped the tank:

Last edited:

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
It has been a while since an update, of around the 20+ fry I put into the 29 which were free swimming to freshly hatched either they are hiding or eaten by the bigger fry or just died. But I do have the first 3 older fry that now has coloring and seems to be all female and about 10 more smaller fry.

Also my CPD breeding tank has not spawned in a while now, and it seems because I am not feeding any live BBS only variable I have not been doing lately.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
It's been a while since I updated this thread and I recently had my CPD's spawn again :D. I got some females in which I was lacking from a member from this forum which named won't be listed unless they want me to, so they won't get spammed by PM's. Only diffrence from my old breeding system and this one is that I am not going to siphon eggs and hatch in a separate container but allow them to grow up with the adults and than when the fry turn into juvis I will move them to other tanks.

Pix soon to come :D, also I have cherries and crystal red/black shrimp in the new 20 G Long, instead of the 10 gallon I was using in the past.

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
I also have a believed pair of clown killies in the tank, and they are chasing after each other side by side. One is considerably bigger I believe is the female, and the smaller is the male. So hopefully I can get them to spawn as well!

FasterShrimpo

AC Members
Jul 13, 2009
You should definitely sell some, you know to keep the tank from being overstocked. :Angel:

DarrylR

AC Members
Sep 17, 2007
Maryland
You're having excellent luck, aren't you?
Seems without any special care I can get them to breed. I just recently put in some females and about a month later I see fry. So far I spotted 5 free swimming fry which takes about a week just to free swim, which can also mean there could be more clinging to plants/tank etc.

You should definitely sell some, you know to keep the tank from being overstocked. :Angel:
Hopefully soon :D.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store