Cement 3D Background..My How To Guide..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pupfishfan2007

AC Members
Oct 7, 2007
melbourne australia
great work!!!

very cool !!! about to consider doing a 6foot x 2foot x2foot(92 gallon) its a whole lot of water to cycle (we have water restrictions at the moment) But i have always wanted to do it ... and yours is a great inspiration cheers!id(1).gif

id(1).gif

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
very cool !!! about to consider doing a 6foot x 2foot x2foot(92 gallon) its a whole lot of water to cycle (we have water restrictions at the moment) But i have always wanted to do it ... and yours is a great inspiration cheers!View attachment 31731
thank you it is well worth doing and i would recomend it.

the moss is some i got from singapore, they call it satr moss, christmas moss, and fissdens moss, i have a few others but the names escape me at the moment.

i have discovered the following though

WARNING!!!!!!!!!!

do not put white spot remover into the tank with these types of background!!!!!! i think there is some kind of chemical reaction i nearly lost my entire stock, i was gutted. i have since put in plant treatment and snail remover with no reactions but the white spot remover was really quite bad, it was if i had poured acid into the tank i lost several of my favourate fish :( this so far is the only drawback i have found with the background, there is a very nice layer of algae on there now and it is still stuck down nice and secure and looks great so i am delighted with it still :)

Bahney

AC Members
Feb 17, 2007
Hull, Yorkshire, England
thought i would add some updated pics, there is a really nice layer of algae on the background now, it is very very nice, and thankfuly means my choice of not painting the background has worked out ok in the end because the greeny/brown algae looks superb, i will take a closer pic at some point.

i am doing a second background to my sisters tank, i am in the cement phase right now so i will post some pics of that once it is finished as well :)

moonlight.JPG 4th november.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store