cherry barb breeding???

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
wow, I'm doing some research and I think she might be spreading some eggs around. He's following her around and rubbing on her and even the tiger barbs are following her, I think trying to eat the eggs. Should I try and separate her?

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
I looked it up on youtube. They are! I didn't see her dropping any eggs. I turned off the light. Maybe she needs the dark to get away from them all.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I looked it up on youtube. They are! I didn't see her dropping any eggs. I turned off the light. Maybe she needs the dark to get away from them all.
Good luck! :) It may take a few time for fry to survive though, especially with tiger barbs. Your username fits this thread

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
Yeah, they eat anything and everything. I don't see much activity today.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
Some moss spread loosely on the bottom of the tank would be a good place for her to drop her eggs.

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
So should I buy a moss ball and just stretch it across? I always see those, but I never buy any.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
Okay, I'll look for that.

Wetman

AC Members
Mar 24, 2011
New York
When barbs spawn, they often get on a roll that lasts for several sessions. So, while they take a breather, can you isolate the female? I get easy success with barbs by putting her in a plant nursery plastic tub, adding a male early one morning when she looks ready, and removing them both after 24 hours or as soon as they seem to be distracted from the chase. With lots of plants the fry get to the microworm stage just grazing on the natural fauna that develops in a plant nursery.

lovemybarbs

AC Members
Dec 23, 2006
Midwest
what does the microworm stage look like? I need to look this up. I am far from a breeder. I want to save what I can from the barbs.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store