Cichlid question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

optix

Rent-a-mod
Dec 30, 2002
Dayton area of ohio
Visit site
As posted in the cichlid forum I would advise against this for many reasons but the reason most of us are familiar with is aggression. Particularly though I would be concerned with the different regions these two fish are from. While most fish can adapt you will not fully recieve the fish's full potential adding a south american who is used to around 5 DH and 7.0 PH in with an african species that is used to say 10 maybe even as high as 20 DH and 7.8-8.5 PH. Now if you are talking about western africans such as jewels and kribs. I would then ask what south american you plan to accompany them and what size tank you plan to house them in. Oscars and saums I can tell you right now are out of the picture. No matter what size tank. Jewels and kribs tend to enjoy staying off of the menu. As far as mixing lake tangs and mbuna with new world species. Thats not something I would call a good idea.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store