Cichlids for a 20g?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
watershedrussiantortoise.blogspot.com
do u want africans or south americans first? then we can start talking more specific...
Well I was hoping to do a biotope, so I've organized the fish into categories of where they come from. Right now I still have to look into what kind of set-up I'll be doing.

While those on the list should be ok, which species are you interested in? what is available around you?
I think that most of the species look interesting, eventually I'll narrow it down. A lot of them are most likely available around me.

very good choices ! you can have any of them in there - but not all of them , as you know, and not a mix of say any three. I would say you should pick your favourites of those, and then we can talk about how many/male-female mix.

p.s kudos to you on the research - very nice list for that tank.
Really? I was going to put one of every species in the same 10g. LOL! just kidding! But I should find out what more of the species look like, I found pics but I don't remember them anymore ;P I will get back to you on that, though :)
Thanks! I still have a LONG way to go before I get this tank, but I wanted to be prepared when I do! :D

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
I might also get a 30g, options for that are included as well..
so here's part of my favs (organized once again into biotopes):

Congo Basin/River:

Lifalili Jewel Cichlid

Blockhead Cichlid

Nichol's Mouthbrooder

Amazon River/Basin:

Redbreast Acara

Agassiz's Dwarf Cich.

Cockatoo Dwarf Cich.

Flag Cichlid

Lake Tanganyika:

Brichardi Cichlid

Fairy Cichlid

Lemon Cichlid

Masked Julie

Ocellated Lamprologus

Speciosus Cichlid

Brichardi Chalinochromis

Tretocephalus Cichlid

Marlier's Julie

Lake Victoria

Obliqueidens Hap

Brownae Hap

I'll post more later!

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
Apistos are cool^^ I'm still working on the tank lists lol I really am leaning towards an amazon river biotope (mostly because it's one of the ones in my book :grinyes:)

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle

Lexi_D

is *Magic*
Nov 25, 2007
PA
Does anyone know where I could get some aquarium peat for substrate? one of the biotopes (For kribs and others) Uses it as the substrate and it looks really cool, I just can't find it anywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store