cichlids in a 25g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
i know they do well in communities but what other colorful cichlids could i keep them with? btw do all cichlids eat snails?

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
so a pair of GBR's would max out my 25? wowwww lol i may have to rethink that I want a few more than 2 fish lol

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
thanks :) i'll look into what my lfs has to offer. prob gonna wait til i move to set up so i don't have to worry about moving them again lol

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
One other suggestion (they are going to attack me on this), I think you could do a couple of yellow Labidochromis and a couple of Ahli in a 25. I have seen people do it in less. Just pile the rocks up high with a number of caves, and get the best filtration you can.

Substrate could be crushed coral.

The fish aren't terribly aggressive (at least the least aggressive African Cichlids I know of aside from the shell dwellers and some of the gentle giants...)

ciaobella7122

i love my ween!
Jul 28, 2008
Connecticut
Thank you for all the cool options. Since I don't know when I'm moving yet I'm gonna do some research. Hmmm maybe I can even get a bigger tank once I move? It's a thought :)

Brian Bivens

Labeotropheus Trawavasae
Jun 8, 2007
Colorado Springs
A bigger tank would be great, you could go with a 30 long, whigh is a much bigger footprint, and would open additional options.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store