CL 160 tank $100

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Well I went down to the guys house to look at the tank and it was in good shape turns out he hadn't had it outside long and was using it for a saltwater fish only tank on top of an oak coffee-table. The original composite royal blue stand with once nice doors and drawers was lift outside for 2 years in the summer heat and monsoon rains. Needless to say the stand was swelled up hunched like it was ready to deliver, soft and pliable.

I tried to rationalize that since the tank was not 250 gallon as we had speculated, nor 180 gallons as we agreed for the price of $100, but in fact using the Aqua calculator turned out to be 135 according to the owners measurement. Therefor it seemed reasonable to me that since the tank was 30% small then thought a 30% reduction to $70 was in order. After measuring the tank one more time it tuned out that the owner had measured wrong and the actual size on tape which was unusual is is 26H X 20W X 72L (160.1 gallons). So I shook the man's hand, payed him $100 and drove the tank home.

As you can see that tank has an unusual brace set up with a large 1/2" brace in the center with 2 1/4 braces stacked on top. Also a 1/2" strip of bracing at each end. This seemed starnge until I placed the panel covers that came with the tank on top. Turns out all the extra bracing is there to provide support for the glass covers to rest and not be able to fall in. The tank has no chips, cracks, deposits, or lost trim except for one piece of loose trim that just needs re-gluing Looks like my truck is OOC as a storage platform until I build another stand. Looks like Ill be selling my Harland black silicone and black lacquer cabinet combo I bought at Pet-smart 2 years ago on sale $226 for $100

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
Man you always find some crazy deals! Nice find bro

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
Yup, the good Lord has been kind to me even though I don't deserve it. Since I was in that part of town where I picked up this tank I stopped into Petco and picked up another $1 a gallon 20 tall tank for $20 since the sale will be over the 17th and I will need another sump. Being able to fill a sump with a hose just occasionally instead of bi-weekly bucket-brigade to keep the main tank topped off nicely is great.
:clap:

Arkangel77

AC Members
Aug 13, 2006
nobody finds deals Like Gunner does!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
nobody finds deals Like Gunner does!
I don't know about that, RodinCali has gotten some like new combo deals for half as much. I still have to build another stand and canopy.

Actually Im just buttering him up so he tips me on another cheap FX5 find LOL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store