Clean your aquariums, Will I have to clean my rocks?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
Yes, they often can burry themsleves, or find very good hiding spots or even climb into the filter. I have never had any of my hundreds of snails actually leave the water too far behind though.

everglow

AC Members
Mar 15, 2004
Pineapple Under the Sea
Visit site
Originally posted by TKOS
Yes, they often can burry themsleves, or find very good hiding spots or even climb into the filter. I have never had any of my hundreds of snails actually leave the water too far behind though.
This is freaking me out cuz I can't see him and the aquarium is above a tv stand and all around is a drop :/

TKOS

Registered User of Fish
Feb 6, 2003
Nova Scotia, Canada
tkos.unsta.com
It could easily survive a fall of a few feet. And many can even survive for long periods of time out of water by sealing their shell. This way they can whether droughts. I had sucked up a small snail in my gravel vacuum and he eneded up spending a week in a bucket with no water. But then the next week he popped right back out.

everglow

AC Members
Mar 15, 2004
Pineapple Under the Sea
Visit site
Originally posted by TKOS
You were right I skimmed the bottom rocks earlier to see if he was there and nothing this time I did it again and 2nd scoop there pokey was li'l bugger. Thanks never had a snail before they seem tricky. :p

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store