Cloudy Water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Taylor_thornton

AC Members
Apr 5, 2020
New to the aquarium scene for about a month and a half. I do regular partial water changes and this happened suddenly. Not sure if it’s algae or bacterial bloom. Any suggestions?

493C9E9F-0EE7-49B2-A8FF-7B66320A5BC9.jpeg

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Welcome to AC!!

Looks like a bacterial bloom to me and should subside in a couple weeks though you should be testing water parameters.

How long has this tank been set up and how did you cycle the tank?

Do you own a test kit and if so please post the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. If you don't have a test kit, I recommend buying the API Master Test Kit which has the basic tests you need to monitor the water.

Reactions: Taylor_thornton

Taylor_thornton

AC Members
Apr 5, 2020
Welcome to AC!!

Looks like a bacterial bloom to me and should subside in a couple weeks though you should be testing water parameters.

How long has this tank been set up and how did you cycle the tank?

Do you own a test kit and if so please post the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. If you don't have a test kit, I recommend buying the API Master Test Kit which has the basic tests you need to monitor the water.
Okay I need to buy that! So I shouldn’t do a water change or anything just leave it as is?

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
A water change shouldn't hurt anything but be sure to use the proper amount of water conditioner to treat the chlorine or chloramine in your tap water.

What size or dimensions is this tank?

Not sure how familiar you are with keeping aquariums so if I ask seemingly stupid or obvious questions don't take offense. :)

Reactions: Taylor_thornton

Taylor_thornton

AC Members
Apr 5, 2020
A water change shouldn't hurt anything but be sure to use the proper amount of water conditioner to treat the chlorine or chloramine in your tap water.

What size or dimensions is this tank?

Not sure how familiar you are with keeping aquariums so if I ask seemingly stupid or obvious questions don't take offense. :)
It is a 37 gallon tank

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
What water conditioner are you using when you change the tank water?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store