Clown: Any clues what it could be?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Grins I have also heard just to take a clove of garlic and put it in your sump to stimulate feeding as some fish don't take to the garlic in their food for some reason.

Morel

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
I'll try but I'm thinking this girl just likes flake. I ran out of time to get it today.

That's all my clowns will ever eat.. Anything else I put in there just gets spit out..

So I just let them win this battle, and got the highest quality flake food I could find... They act like piranah with the stuff.. lol

Victorio

AC Members
Oct 30, 2006
guys do you realize what your talking about, it could be anything. why dont you take it down to a laboratory and have them put the Clown under a magnifying glass. the chances are its nothing so just leave the fish in the tank and stop worrying. What would happen in the wild????????

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Um, it could be a parasite so I'm monitoring it. I prefer to take a pro-active approach to my tank considering it is a limited space versus the vast body of water we call the ocean.

Thanks Ooj, right now I'm more concerned with the nutrition of the female. The male is willing to eat the meaty fare but she spits it out and refuses to sample it.

daayda3

AC Members
Sep 21, 2006
theres an article in "the reef aquarium" about a fish getting stung by anemones or frogspawn... i dont even know what im looking at:lipssealedsmilie:

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Yes and if you look at mine you'll see several black pigment areas where they have been stung before. I'm not worried about those. Mostly I'm concerned about their nutrition.

And no, but I almost bought one today. :grinyes:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store