Clown Fish Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

louiesowner

AC Members
Feb 24, 2006
we turned off the air bubbles. the lady at the fish store said we don't need them. We picked up a bunch of crabs and snails yesterday since I found out that one of each is not enough. So now we have 8 crabs and 7 snails. It's very interesting to see all the movement in our tank. Will consider a powerhead at some point. Thanks for the advise.
Stef

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Salt creep is a line of salt from where water evaporated on a surface, leaving behind the minerals and salt. Surface agitation, which splashes water on surrounding surfaces, promotes salt creep.

louiesowner: I'd add more live rock to the setup, and increase the salinity to 1.025, which is closer to sea water. Give the clowns some time to settle in--if they are healthy and active, they are probably just fine, even if they aren't using the full tank. I had a 120 with 3 fish in it, and 90% of the time, they were within one corner.

louiesowner

AC Members
Feb 24, 2006
Sounds good. will add some more live rock this week. I will also let the water evaporate a bit and then top it up with salty water. Thanks again for the advise.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store