Clown Fish Sleeping Habits

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wastememphis

AC Members
Sep 6, 2003
Buffalo, New York
www.peccaviparty.com
Mine went from loving an anemone to much to my mushrooms and now they lay in the corner by the mushrooms... but they first must move all my sand around so they can see the bottom glass and then they kidna hover layn' on that all night. :rolleyes: :thud:

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
I have now found that my male swimms at the surface, with his top fin out of the water like a shark when he is sleeping, they are so funny! Thanks alot for all your wonderful comments.

Particleman

AC Members
Oct 23, 2004
Irvine, CA
That's exactly what mine does, swims at the very top of the water in a corner wedged between the heater and the tank wall. I do have a mermaids fan plant that he seems to be favoring during the day. They are strange little beasties!

axepilot

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
Another funny clownfish habit - every now and then one of my yellow tail damsels decides to have a showdown with the clownfish. The clownfish faces directly head down and freezes. It confuses the damsel and he just swims away. :)

Clownfish are definitely "personality" fishes.

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
yea, they are wicked fish. The other thing that is so cool about them is how the mated pair stick together so passionatly. They are always in a centimeters of eachother and if one gets scared, its straight back to the other one. A funny thing I just noticed is if you put some brine shrimp in the tank with all the powerheads on, and they frantically swimm for them. I normally turn the powerheads of at feeding time but I did this to see what happened, it isn't something that I would suggest to do ofted, may get enoying for the fish.

JoeJoeJoe

AC Members
Oct 15, 2004
Toronto
My Maroon (which is now about 4 years old) will sometimes lay down almost completely horizontal, near his favourite piece of LR. It was a bit of a shock the first I saw him in this position. :)

axepilot

AC Members
Jan 10, 2005
When I set up my new tank a few months ago, my fiance wanted a "Nemo". She cracked me up a few days after I introduced my clown saying "But, he's so goofy!" :D

Oliver

Oliver
Jan 17, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
they do look a bit goofy but I think that is one of the things I love about them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store