clown fish vs flow. Round 1

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky

i forgot to add, which is a huge part of why he might not be chasing down his food is the fact that he has black ich......

WOW...I missed this part.....

I would seriously try and beg/steal/borrow a tank for quarantine....DO a FW dip with formalin, then treat with an anti-protozoal medicine...You wont get this outta your tank by syphoning i am afraid...as long as the fish is in the tank, the infection wont go away.....

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
WOW...I missed this part.....

I would seriously try and beg/steal/borrow a tank for quarantine....DO a FW dip with formalin, then treat with an anti-protozoal medicine...You wont get this outta your tank by syphoning i am afraid...as long as the fish is in the tank, the infection wont go away.....
Ill do a FW dip now, and do another 50% water change today with siphoning the water... can i use the water from my tank to set up the QT?

i only have 15 gallons of RO water and cant get more till friday. My nitrates are at 20ppm and i would rather get that down for the sake of my corals.. (button polyps, star polyps, anthelia)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Ill do a FW dip now, and do another 50% water change today with siphoning the water... can i use the water from my tank to set up the QT?

i only have 15 gallons of RO water and cant get more till friday. My nitrates are at 20ppm and i would rather get that down for the sake of my corals.. (button polyps, star polyps, anthelia)

Yes, you can use tank water to start it off...However, you'll need to keep plenty of SW handy for quick water changes should they be required....I agree mate, the nitrates do need to be brought down some...

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Just did a 3-4 minute FW dip in RO water matched temp to DT tank, with an air stone.

I can get my hands on a 10g tonight. im just gonna put 10gallon from the DT when i do the water change tonight into the QT (the 10 gallon).

what else do i need in the QT tank? should i put a power head in there? should i put an air stone? for the gas exchange?

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Are you sure it is black ich and not little melanisms that arise due to contact with certain corals? That seems much more likely, as clowns pretty much don't get black ich (well, they can, but the likelihood is very slim).

Kodiak

Lovin it
Aug 13, 2007
Columbus, OH
Are you sure it is black ich and not little melanisms that arise due to contact with certain corals? That seems much more likely, as clowns pretty much don't get black ich (well, they can, but the likelihood is very slim).

he got it shorty after i introduced my corals. I have never seen him make contact with them... He got it when i just had button polyps in there. Since i have seen the black dots i have added star polyps and Anthea.

i have never had ich in my tank and the dotty back had no signs of it, but somehow died...

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
Button polyps are notorious for causing the spots when the clown tries to get in them. It takes them a while to go away and the clown only has to try it once or so to get them. I just sincerely doubt that it is black ich--I am more worried about stressing the fish out with freshwater dips and the like if it doesn't actually have black ich.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store