Clown Loach Compatibility

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SamHam

AC Members
I have a well established 220L freshwater aquarium housing 5 clown loaches, averaging 2 inches between them all.

I'm looking for a couple of new fairly small species to house with them, preferably mid-top swimmers. I've done a bit of research however "community fish" seems to be a bit broad and want a happy tank.

I am considering Congo Tetras could anyone suggest a 'school' of fish which would happily live with the Loaches?

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
I have a well established 220L freshwater aquarium housing 5 clown loaches, averaging 2 inches between them all.

I'm looking for a couple of new fairly small species to house with them, preferably mid-top swimmers. I've done a bit of research however "community fish" seems to be a bit broad and want a happy tank.

I am considering Congo Tetras could anyone suggest a 'school' of fish which would happily live with the Loaches?
Small barbs work best with clown loaches IMO.

joel.uejio

AC Members
Jun 1, 2009
Real Name
Joel
I read somewhere that clown loaches will actually school with tiger barbs because of the similar coloration -- not sure if that's true, but might be fun to try!

H3D

Philosopher
Aug 28, 2005
Ohio
I read somewhere that clown loaches will actually school with tiger barbs because of the similar coloration -- not sure if that's true, but might be fun to try!
It is most definitely true! As the clown loaches get larger this tends to scare the tiger barbs though. LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store