Clown loach question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishmanattic

G?????
Jan 9, 2005
england
my tank

i hav a 250g tank with ruffley about 15 clownloaches 5 kuliloaches 4 redtailed sharks and 2 weird lookin loach its grey body with a redy orange tail its botia something i think
anyway the tank is well planted and has 2 pieces of bogwood

all fish range from 1"-2" (all babies)

if my tank overstocked or can i add more fish

chefkeith

Loach Inspector
Aug 17, 2003
Detroit
I'm not sure what the dimentions of your 250g tank are. If it is only 8' Long x 2' Wide, then I wouldn't get any more clown loaches. You can get other small fish though.

playerx

Registered Member
Mar 9, 2005
Tank size...

I'm guessing from all the information I've just read, that my tank is too small (30 gl) for the 6 clown loaches I recently bought...It's now down to 3, and 2 have ich. Is there any possiblity to save them? Tank quality is almost perfect, all the other fish are quite happy, and I've been using Aquari-Sol for the ich. It's helped my Red Tailed loach, but doesn't seem to have helped the Clowns. Any new Ideas? Help..:{

Thanks;)

victimizati0n

AC Members
Feb 23, 2004
Visit site
Archangel said:
Thats something thats very true about clowns. I've bought 5, all at 1 1/2"s or less, and I've only got 3 out of those 5 left. Lots of wild caught clowns have internal parasite problems, which prevents them from growing and slowly kills them. Also, younger clowns are more succeptible to ick. Luckily I've never had much of a problem w/ ick. One of mine suffered from parasites, and another one just dissapeared. Its possible its still in the tank, but highly doubtful. I haven't seen it in 4 months.
That is wierd, i got 3 1/2" clowns, and they are all fine.

Crabbypatty

AC Members
Feb 24, 2005
i have a 1000 gallon tank in my fourth house i hired ten guys to take care of it i found them on the street they said they liked seefood so i hired them. i have 1 neon tetra and i think its over crowded so im going to buy a 5000 gallon tank. is that big enough???? :confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store