Clown Loaches Sleeping?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Hobsyllwin

AC Members
Aug 1, 2008
Netherlands
Last night around 1:30am I was watching my tank and noticed that my three oldest clown loaches were lying on the gravel on their sides. They were motionless except for their gills, and so naturally I got nervous. I took my net and prodded them a little and they sprung to life. Again they moved back to the place on the gravel and lay on their sides. They seemed to be fine, but I just never noticed them laying on their sides like that before.

Well I woke up this morning and they are all perfectly FINE. Swimming around and such like normal. I guess they were just tired? I know that I had the tank light on longer than I should have, maybe I wore them out with the lack of down time. I have no idea. Any insight?

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
My loaches do it all the time...loach pile sleeping..lol

nguyendetecting

"Swim along with the snorks"
Jul 31, 2008
Tallahassee, Fl
www.youtube.com
man that would a be a cool picture if you could catch them sleeping on their side. If see a pile of cories on their side, better get the net out because they're dead! lol didn't know that about loaches.

Jessu

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
Mine like to attach themselves to the filter intake.

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
My sids sleep on their sides sometimes too. Every now and then you'll see one of them just roll right over asleep! So funny!

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
All that clowns are missing is a mud pile...they are such little pigs!!!!! :rofl:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store