Clown-Lovers 75 Gallon Tank Log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Very nice clown-lover.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
ya stay away from purple up...

i have coralline growing all over my tank!! walls, overflows, powerheads, etc...

here is my tank one the first day.. a little under 3 months ago..

here it is now

i don't dose anything besides some calcium supplement on occasion...
I personally am finding it harder and harder to stay on top of that 420 number. I have had to up my dosing schedule to 4 times a week now in my 75. I'm gonna hate to see what happens if I get some real calcium users like the clam I want.. I am seriously thinking about a calcium reactor but I just don't know. Everyone I talk to says it isn't needed on such a small tank. (I didn't think a 75 was small but I guess if you are comparing it to Robbies then yeah it is..)

Very nice clown-lover.
Thanks RB - I love my tank a lot..

Clown, I love that large branching centerpiece rock!
Me too.. It is purpling up really nicely. And the funny part is that it was the ONLY piece in all of the LR they had at the store. They had it in the bin with Figi.. It cost me like 90 bucks and only weights like 6.5 lbs but it was worth it.. When I was out doing a lot of traveling I found that piece and put it on hold until the day I left for home.. I tried to convince them they needed to sell it to me for the figi price since it was in that bin but that was a no go..

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
NoGo haha we use that in the army! yeah i guess ill have to just wait for the purpling

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
NoGo haha we use that in the army! yeah i guess ill have to just wait for the purpling
Very familiar with that terminology.. I'm ex-army. But yeah.. Don't rush things it will turn out better in the end if you don't.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
If anyone has been following this thead at all I thought I would let everyone know that I"m following Mg advice and using the blog option now available to us and will probably not post about my tank here anymore...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store