Clown pleco vs. Bristlenose pleco

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Coincidentally, I just saw my clown pleco today, for the first time in 4+ months. Up until then, I honestly had no clue if he was dead or alive.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
Albino BN's are a lot smaller then normal BN's, and neither gets to 6" IME.

I'd say that you're going to want to either stick with the otos, or remove them and get a BN.
+1 on that, my male albino BN is almost 1.5 years old, and is only 5" long.

And for Clowns, they hide during most of the day, and they are very slow growers, so unless you get at least 3, you will hardly see them in your tank. And clowns need DW to sharpen their teeth, and so do BNs.

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
I see someone said that both will outgrow the tank. IMO that is totally false. There maximum size is 6 inches and believe me it will take them quite awhile to reach that. They are both great for a tank that size. I have both.

Lise

AC Members
Oct 13, 2010
Barty, my BN, lives in my 27 cube with a big hunk of driftwood and has smoothed out the side of it. He is a little shy unless he smells an algae wafer coming his way. I have a moonlight LED and he goes out and about when its on. He only uproots banana plants that aren't really attached to the substrate. Dont know why he ignores zuccini.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store