clownfish urgent question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
Clowns are fairly poor swimmers. After years of watching the precision movements of cichlids, I was certain that my clowns were sick when I first watched them. They jostle and shimmy a lot more than seems necessary. But it's all relative. They get worse when ill.

caz

I'm a Sinker!
Apr 7, 2003
i guess im just freaking out. the other one i knew something was wrong cause he wasnt moving his tail when he was swimming. the one thats still alive just seems like hes swimming in place. he eats a little, but not as much as i would like him to. not sure why, the first day, he gobbled up everything in sight.

mogurnda

vaguely present
Apr 29, 2003
DC
Visit site
It has been a long time, but I seem to recall my clowns being a bit finicky when they were first in the tank. Only ate stuff small enough to easily fit in their mouths. At some point they became the ravenous pigs they are today.

It is really hard to know what's normal with new fish, but if the fish is eating, its belly isn't pinched in, and has decent color, it is probably OK.

Sregnar35

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Aug 21, 2003
Upstate NY
Visit site
That seems to be one of the toughest parts of this hobby, the only way to know if your inhabitants are truly thriving is to wait about 5 years.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store