Clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
alright, well after school I went and picked up an ocellaris clownfish. I drip acclimated it in a bucket for about an hour or a little more, I know I could have dripped it a little longer but I got impatient. I released him into the tank and he's now been in there for almost two hours and so far, there has been no aggression shown between the two. It may take time but so far so good. The yellow tail blue damsel is about 1.5 inches long and the clown is I would say a bit over 2 inches long. I think I got a good deal on the clown because I've seen them at around $20 but I only paid $13 : ). Tonight I will feed them and I will see if the clown eats.

$eaba$$

AC Members
Sep 25, 2006
I guess I should have but I don't have a QT tank and I have never used one before even in freshwater. I think this is the last fish I will get this tank so I will hope for the best... I don't have space for a QT but we will see how it goes.. thanks for the heads up though.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
You already have fish in your tank!?!?!?

Your tank has been set up for like a week and a half and hasnt had any time to cycle.
Ahhh the wonders of Bio-Spira. I had my tank setup for a week and it was completely done cycling. I had 0 ammo, 3ppm trites(which are proven not to harm SW fish) 15ppm trates, 8.2ph, and 1.025 gravity.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
I understand we don't agree on this Jag, and I sincerely hope you don't experience any ill effects from it. I just think you've rushed it and since the boards are public and newbies often don't take the time to get multiple bits of advice I felt I needed to say something in case they'd think it was advisable to not wait until the cycle is traditionally considered complete.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I understand we don't agree on this Jag, and I sincerely hope you don't experience any ill effects from it. I just think you've rushed it and since the boards are public and newbies often don't take the time to get multiple bits of advice I felt I needed to say something in case they'd think it was advisable to not wait until the cycle is traditionally considered complete.
No thats fine that we dont agree and I understand your reasoning for posting your previous response. I honestly think I got lucky with my well established LR and some free Bio-spira that I scored from my LFS. So far so good in my tank. Its good that we agree to disagree Grins lol. Hows Butters doin? He is so cute.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Butters is ticked off that the anemone has decided to try living behind his favorite sleeping rock.
LOL I get mad when other people try to sleep in my bed too.(remember I'm 18, live at home, and not married. Therefor I shouldn't have anyone in my bed lol)

Keep us up to date on how your clowns are doing $eaba$$.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store