CO2 regulator - good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
which ones have you been looking at? i have a Swagelok metering valve on my regulator good sturdy bit of equipment but probably cost about $60. and i know good metering valves can be really expensive.
I haven't been looking at specific brands. I don't really know what brands to look at. But if you just look at needle valves in general, most don't seem to be $60. Most seem to run more like $20.

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
So sounds like overall, hold off and get something a bit better. If that's the case, is it better to get the componants and put it together, or to get a $150 kit that has everything but the tank?

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
i would spend the 150 so you know you are getting everyting

Kuthoht

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
http://www.greenleafaquariums.com/co2-regulators.html

They have very nice stuff here made with quality components.

I've been looking at the choice regulator which is $149.99.

It uses a fabco needle valve which is considerably better than what you get on a milwaukee or some other cheap regulator.

If you really want to buy high end they even offer the victor dual stage for $279.99 lol

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
not really brands, but people who make there own regulators and sell them, these three are the best places to get a quality rig.

Rex Grigg: he makes good regulators and sells the parts for them too, he is only one guy who does this for fellow hobbiest so not the fastest guy to get them out. all in all good stuff though and defiantly worth recemending.

Sumo Regulators: these are the guys i got my regulator from, and thay make a good set up. there regulators come with an extra bass check valve and some tubing too, which help out. also amazing customer service and part of the money goes the The New Jersey Aquatic Gardeners Club. i have met both of them and thay are really nice guys by the way so thay have my vote. also thay will be able to help you with any parts for the regulators too.

Green Leaf Aquariums: this is a store that is run my a member over at The Planted Tank forum (TPT), Orlando. it has a variety of regulators that are really good and he has really fast shipping. also hes a really friendly guy and you can usually find him online at TPT. he also has amazing customer support and deal in some stuff other than regulators.

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota

angyles

AC Members
Nov 4, 2002
Tacoma, WA
Visit site
awesome! thanks, ozy for the links. I've narrowed it down to two of them. now to find the $200!! lol ahh there's always a way when you really really want something.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store