Cold Cathode (Scanner) Light

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Hello, that's a long time ago...how've you been?

Interesting, factor in your used scanners as well, don't know how old they where.
I've been too busy to do anything with it so far. My 99gallon is coming along nicely, but still many things to do.
Check that one (www.aquariacentral.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=177028) and you know why I've not been on this thread for quite some time.

My question is then, did you have it over a planted tank? And following a positive answer, how does it do for plant-growth?

Hope to hear from you soon.
Cheers.

kingearwig

Master Pond Snail Breeder
Jul 17, 2008
Indiana
s159.photobucket.com
I had 2 scavenged scanner bulbs on top of a 1/2 full 15 gallon with a water fall. There was a tiny amount of moss and it seems to have barely clung to life. 2 bulbs didn't do much.
With more investigating I may discover that it was the power supply that failed. That is something I will look into.

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Hello Kingearwig,
How'd the testing go? Found the root of it?

Not sure if you checked my 99G thread, but just now I though: 'what the heck, I'll put the Cathode-unit on it to see what the effect is compared to the normal T8's that I have on top'.
So I'll get that done tomorrow, and do some testing on depth and compare it to the normal T8's. If that works out well, and you find the problems on your lamps, might as well dive in and put only Cathode on top of the 99-Gallon.
Will keep you posted, but easy if you subscribe to the 99G thread and see the progress on the lights-part over there.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
Unit has been put on top of the 99 Gallon tank.
Have a look at my thread there for some pictures (page 11).
Waiting to see the effect on plant-growth now.

Cheers,
Luc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store