Color change due to lighting?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jessie

AC Members
Mar 3, 2004
indiana
Visit site
my tangs do the same thing, except for the hippo. i have had 2 of them for over a year, its just what they do. have you had much of an algae problem with your lights on that much?

wade_vv

AC Members
Oct 21, 2005
i have a yellow tang and they run from noon til midnight but when i get off work in the morning a little bit of light comes in thru the window and if he leaves his cave you can reallly see that he is alot more pale and sometimes he has a brownish spot on his side for the first half an hour a little while later it all goes away and his color goes back to normal its weird but hes been healthy and doing that for a while now so i didnt worry bout it just kinda figured it was the way that the fish work i could be wrong tho...

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
My Radiata Lion is almost transparent when the lights are off but when thier on is an almost neon pink,

I think if the fish are showing no other signs of stress and your parameters are ok. then you have nothing to worry about.

I agree with blinky put a timer on the lights, i set mine to come on at about 4.30 pm (home at 5) and it goes off around 12 (bed time) they dont need to mimic the actualy day / night times as long as they have a set day and night.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store