Community tank build thread/Q's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
I honestly can't wait to get my filter seeded well. How will I know when it's good and done? It's been running on there for 9 hours so obviously, it's not done, but just asking for the knowledge :)

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I honestly can't wait to get my filter seeded well. How will I know when it's good and done? It's been running on there for 9 hours so obviously, it's not done, but just asking for the knowledge :)
IDK for sure on that. I would just leave it there for at least 24 hours.

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
I'll leave it on until I've got my tank planted/lighted properly. Just to give it some more time. I'll also take a handful of gravel from my 55 and put it on my sand bed, hoping that will help..

jetajockey

AC Members
Apr 9, 2010
florida panhandle
Real Name
David
I think maybe all rams have different personalities cuz ur rams sometimes hide, but mine get along fine with a 10" pleco, a huge emerald green cory and a 6" red tail shark. It all depends on the fish you get, some are aggresive/scared/peaceful.
:)
how long have you had them set up like that?

Just because it's been working out for a little while doesn't really mean that it's a smart idea for long term stocking.

Look in the pet store, there's all kinds of mega aggressive fish housed with each other, and it works, or at least on the surface it looks like it does, it's not something that's meant to be repeated in home aquaria.

TabisFish

AC Members
Jan 21, 2011
Loveland, Colorado
Real Name
Tabi Underwood
Yay no more leaks! Tank - 1 / Tabi - 1

I'm going to start filling today or tomorrow, when I get my sand. Yay!

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
how long have you had them set up like that?

Just because it's been working out for a little while doesn't really mean that it's a smart idea for long term stocking.

Look in the pet store, there's all kinds of mega aggressive fish housed with each other, and it works, or at least on the surface it looks like it does, it's not something that's meant to be repeated in home aquaria.
I have had it like that for about 1.5 months.
*I know that it is a bit risky and I am selling/trading the shark and pleco. :)
I wouldn't keep it like that for a long time, it is just temporary.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
I'll leave it on until I've got my tank planted/lighted properly. Just to give it some more time. I'll also take a handful of gravel from my 55 and put it on my sand bed, hoping that will help..
Don't just put it on the sand bed, because then the gravel will be hard to remove if you don't want it. If you don't want it there permanently, then just put it in a large bowl and place it in the tank.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Don't just put it on the sand bed, because then the gravel will be hard to remove if you don't want it. If you don't want it there permanently, then just put it in a large bowl and place it in the tank.
A nylon or filter bag would work better than a bowl because it's permeable.

TheFishBoss97

AC Members
Feb 12, 2011
San Jose, CA
Real Name
Ritap
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store