Coral Keepers 25 gallon heavily planted tank diary.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
What do you guys and gals think of my stock list? Will it work? LOTS of live plants. (its going to be a heavily planted tank) 1 angel fish, 20 Mosquito fish, 2 sunfish, coris, sucker fish, maybe a pleco?, maybe 1 or 2 rainbow fish, and 2 blue rams.

Pepe

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
upgrade

I keep wanting to upgrade my 10 gal to something taller so that my tall plants can grow up there without having to keep clipping them off. Then, I talk myself out of it. I want to switch to a fine sand also. I tried the gravel for something different then, realized why I like sand. I will be watching for pix as it grows out,
c

Pepe

AC Members
Jan 1, 2007
Hey, I forgot. I never had mosquito fish, but, I'm a big fan of white clouds. They seem similar in heartiness and their color really comes out when you add enough plants,
pepe

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Here is an update pic. I am moving everything from the 10 gall in to buckets and some of the stuff into the 25 gall tank. Now im waiting for the water to clear up a bit and my dad is going to the store and going to get me a new bulb for plants. Here are some pics of how the tank looks so far.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Here is an update pic of the tank. Im only going to keep the pump with the filter thats on the Left bottom corner. The one thats on the right top corner is too strong.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
The surface of the water to the top of the sand is only 16 inches. So from the lights to the sand is only 17 inches.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Ok, here are some up date pics. I got 3 lights on the tank which = 50 watts on the tank. All 3 bulbs are diff. The first pic is 15 watts and it takes out the greens more, the second pic is 20 watts and it takes out the blues and reds more, and the third pic is 15 watts and its blueish purple or something like that and makes everything look better. The last pic is all 3 lights on at the same time.

Tell me what you think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store