coral sugestions for a coral newbe

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gorfre

AC Members
Jun 24, 2009
miramichi nb canada
heres another question i wanted to ask
my tank is a glass 75 gal. around the top is a black plastic trim. in the center is a piece
of black plastic and it makes a very bad shadow in the center of my tank.
i'm not shure if i can remove it or not. the glass is 3/8 thick what do you think?
thanks

snappyguy

Keeper of the fish
Jan 12, 2009
Houston TX
Don't remove the center strip. It keeps the front and back from bowing out and breaking. It's important to your tanks integrity. The only way around it is to have a light on either side of the strip. Ran into the same problem with my 46 bowfront.

gorfre

AC Members
Jun 24, 2009
miramichi nb canada
Don't remove the center strip. It keeps the front and back from bowing out and breaking. It's important to your tanks integrity. The only way around it is to have a light on either side of the strip. Ran into the same problem with my 46 bowfront.
thanks very much just what i needed to know. see my mh bulb is in the dead center . maybe i should change to 2 hqi bulbs mines a mogul base.
thanks

gorfre

AC Members
Jun 24, 2009
miramichi nb canada
hi guys
i received my fish order yesterday. i received 1 foxface, 1 bi color blenny, 1 green clown gody, 1 yellow clown goby, 2 cleaner shrimp, small pack of cleanup crew and the green button polyp. well lights came on this morning and i was shocked!
the button polyp was stunning as it started to open up. i'm hooked!

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Glad to hear it. Don't worry about your light, just work around it for now. And, I hate to be the one to point out that you broke the "rules" ... but ya did. Everyone knows that when you get new stuff you should post pictures as quickly as possible (even if this means skipping work, breakfast, etc.) C'mon, ya gots to have priorities.

Looking forward to seeing the new additions.

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
You can start a new post or put them in this one, it really isn't a rule (it just sounded more official that way... basically, we just like seeing new stuff). Sounds like you got some cool new additions. How many polyps did you get?

gorfre

AC Members
Jun 24, 2009
miramichi nb canada
i only ordered what i thought was 1 but what came was 3lb piece of live rock with about 20 or so polyps. and see me not having any idea, first thing i thought was what a cool way to buy live rock. buy 10 coral and get 50lbs of rock cool!
already making a list for the next order.i'm now addicted.
oh i forgot also 3 baby star fish came on the coral and a crab i don't know what it is. it's so flat it does not look real untill it moves. score!

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Very cool sounding. Get them pics up. Whenever you get new stuff and find hitchhikers it is always a good idea to identify them. There are certain crabs that will eat polyps. There are some nasty hitchhikers out there (not sure about liveaquaria though as I have heard they are really clean with their orders). sounds like a great start. Coral is addictive... like aquacrack.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store