Cory eggs??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bettabrat

AC Members
Feb 2, 2009
CT
IDK about genetics I would assume you have a chance at both types. Sorry to hear they are gone? :(

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
IDK about genetics I would assume you have a chance at both types. Sorry to hear they are gone? :(
Oh no, the tank I wanted is gone. :lol: Sorry for the confusion!

cguarino30

Random Guy
Mar 15, 2009
It depends on the green ones. Albinism is a recessive trait, needing you need genes for it on both alleles, expressed as aa whereas normal coloration is dominant, so it could be either AA or Aa, as both of these types would cause normal coloration. So, if the parents of your eggs are either aa and aa, or aa and Aa, or Aa and Aa, then some of your babies will be albino, but if your eggs' parents are AA and AA or AA and Aa, then you will not. (confusing, I know) Good luck

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
So far, so good. There are actually a few left in the big tank, still. But I'd say about 2/3 of the ones in the 5 gal looks good- clear-ish, black dots in the middle. :) Should be hatching tomorrow night-ish.

I'm having trouble finding fry food though. I stopped at one of the chain stores since it's closest to me (one where I don't buy fish, but do get other supplies). I asked for fry food, this was the sad exchange:

Me: Do you have Hikari first bites fry food? (they did have some Hikari brand)
Her: Frog food?
Me: Nooooo, fry food
Her: blank stare
Me: Fry.... baby fish??
Her: Ohhhhh!

Sigh.

But yeah, they didn't have it. The two *good* LFS near me that I trust close to early on week nights for me to get there. :( I should be able to get some on Saturday, I hope.

cguarino30

Random Guy
Mar 15, 2009
If you're in a pinch, hard boil an egg (very well) and use the yolk. Only a very tiny bit, though, as it will foul water if you use too much. I haven't tried it with cory fry, but it works pretty well with all the fry I have tried it with. Good luck

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
OMG OMG! I have wigglers! 2 that I see. Woooo baby cories!!

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
More wigglers. :) I can keep track of the ones that stay inside the plastic bowl, not so much the ones that venture outside.

I'm going to do a PWC- is it okay to use the Python if I have nylons over the end so I can't suck up little fishes?

clb2196

AC Members
Feb 21, 2009
Mass
Well, I was a little worried this morning- I only saw one baby in the plastic cup, even though it looks like all the viable eggs have hatched. I put some fry food in (it's Sera brand, comes highly recommended from a LFS), and the one in there was eating it. But just now I saw 3 others swimming around. :D So I'm guessing there are more out there somewhere. In hindsight I should've taken the plastic plants out til they got bigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store