Corydoras Eggs? Need help ASAP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dougall

Mar 29, 2005
Another option to remove the eggs that I have seen used would be to use a credit card or something like that. It's not quite so sharp as a razor blade so you won't worry as much about cutting into the eggs.

I would agree that the best option to raise the fry would be to separate fish and eggs though.

Good luck!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I have nowhere to put fry and was told they probably wouldn't be viable since a fungus hit my tank about a month ago.

If they do hatch I will try to get a critter keeper for them

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
They look pretty viable to me….if it was a month ago I don't really think it is relevant now. However, I know how it is when you don't have any room for the new little ones. You could try even just a goldfish bowl..or really anything that will hold water and an airstone. If any hatch you can get one of the hang on the side nursery setups.
After that they really either make it or not IMO. I used crushed flake after they ate through the yolk sac and were free swimming. I didn't have HUGE numbers make it, maybe 15 or so. It was just fun to watch!

elliriyanna

AC Members
May 31, 2010
I have no fungus meds ... if I remove them wont they get fungus?

There is one other issue ... I was planning on tearing down and sterilizing this tank. I have some tank swapping to do ... and with a possibility of fungus still in the tank ... Or do I have this wrong?

All I have is a plastic cup and an air stone lol ... I am already on daily feeding round with the baby lotls.

Here are pics of them today

IMG_6768.JPGIMG_6775.JPGIMG_6772.JPGIMG_6769.JPGIMG_6767.JPG

camera was being a pain ...

IMG_6768.JPG IMG_6775.JPG IMG_6772.JPG IMG_6769.JPG IMG_6767.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store