Cotton Mouth on tetra?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
Hi all, I've inherited a 10 gallon tank at work and have it on my desk. Has 4 tetra, 3 of them have what I think is cotton mouth. They have had this for a while as I've noticed on them months ago before I got the tank. I've dosed 2 times with Jungle Fungus clear about 2 weeks ago and they still have it. Is this cotton mouth or something different? I would like to add a couple more neon but not until this is cleared up. They are all acting normal and eating very well. Thanks!!
20170930_115154.jpg 20170930_115109 (1).jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Could be columnaris, a bacteria. That green looking neon in the top pic looks scary thin to me. How long did your coworker have these fish?

I would not add any new fish any time soon, you've got at least 1 issue, likely more. What are you water parameters? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrates). How often do you change water & how much?

It's good they're eating but I'm thinking maybe protozoans? (an internal parasite) or perhaps neon tetra disease, that top right fish in your second pic looks "off"... is it the "green" 1 in the top pic?

Iamjustifyd

AC Members
Aug 17, 2011
New Olreans
Real Name
Sherry
Green one in first pic and top right in 2nd is the same one. He's been bad off for a long time. He is very small and even missing an eye. Gonna bring my water kit to work tomorrow and test the water. Been changing twice a week..once about a 1/4 on Tues. and 1/2 on Fri. Coworker had for maybe 6 months or so. He also had a bristlenose pleco in there. I gave him away yesterday to a friend of mine. So now it is the 4 tetra and one shrimp

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
We would need a better (larger) pics to give better advice.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store