Crayfish Journal (Cambarellus Patzcuarensis sp. Orange)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Scipio

AC Members
May 3, 2008
SoCal
when u do water change do u need to add water conditioner?? or just pure tap water???

I'm sure some kind of conditioner is added. Pure tap water is really not a good adea. I personal use Prime when adding tap to my main 125g tank. For my shrimp and CPO tanks I use 100% R/O water and just add Mosura mineral plus.

pbmax

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
Olympia, WA
It all depends on your tap water. If you're not sure what's in your water, call your water utility and ask. I'm on a community well with no chlorine or other disinfectant added so no treatment is needed.

misterchinn

Registered Member
Apr 4, 2010
Yadokari! Let's keep this thread alive! I know it was started over a year ago, but there really isn't anything comparable out there. Thanks for the info. My breeding experience has been similar. My first batch had about 4 survive. Currently my second batch has about 20 survivors (same parents). I'm hoping to up the survival rate, the parents and fry have separate tanks. But occasionally I do see fry on fry violence, but I'm dropping blood worms in twice a day to keep things peaceful. And I'm like you... I ran out of snails! Your thread helped a lot thanks! You've inspired me to journal more, so I can keep track of what worked/failed etc...

I'm in San Francisco and would be interested in trading some stock to increase genetic diversity. I got my orignial pair from Rick in Milpitas. Are you on SFBAAPS by any chance?

Alexis24456

Registered Member
Nov 14, 2012
Hi, an interesting thread. I recently purchased 3 dwarf orange crayfish. I live in china, and they are 1 male, 2 females. They were 30 yuan in all, about 5 dollars. Good luck, hope they breed soon!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store