Crayfish tried to escape

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I'd still try the crayfish in the pond. the difference between escaping from a pond and escaping from a tank, is that he can get back in the pond... if he likes the territory, he won't want to explore far.

one of my crabs escaped recently and seemed eager to get back in the tank once I found him.... but maybe I'm projecting.

MikeInOrlando

AC Members
Mar 18, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Id keep the fish and crawfish away from each other. cause ur fish may become a yummy meal.
I keep hearing that and I suppose it's true, but I have just placed a blue cray in my tank and all he ever does (that I can tell) is stay in a rock cave I have in the middle of my tank. I have one Blue Gouramie that insists on sharing that cave with him and he's never went after that fish. Now, I do try to keep him satisfied. There is NEVER an absence of shrimp pellets outside of his cave doors, so I make it easy for him. I do tend to wander sometimes what would happen if I made him hunt a little bit for his food.

Subic76

AC Members
May 7, 2005
Many different types of Crays.
Some are fish killers, some are not.
I have a blue that lives with Corys, never bothers them less they get too close to what he is eating. Then he just shoos them away.
He is five times their size.

thebullit

smile it confuses people
Apr 29, 2007
North West, UK
i keep a pair of blue crays and all they do is. 1 stays in his plant all day and only comes out at night. the other wanders around the tank most of the day and night digging under his bridges corrals and caves. none of them seem to bother my other fish maybe just shoo them if they get close to there hidding place.

pixl8r

MacroShrimpBreeder
May 11, 2007
Utah
one of my P. alleni would climb plants and try to ambush fish as they swam under him. I named him Tarzan because of that. Unfortunately (or fortunately for the fish) he's terrible at it and has never caught a fish.

In another tank I have a Cherax quadricarinatus that feels the need to remodel the tank every few weeks.

Good luck with your crayfish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store