CRAZIEST THING YOU'VE EVER FED YOUR FISH?...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ruben Tolon

last of a dying breed
Aug 20, 2000
Miami, FL
when i was a youngster i would feed my dempsey small lizards and things like that from the back yard, but that really isnt that crazy as the thread title suggests.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
When I was but a small child I remember feeding a booger to my Uncle's fish.

lol :headbang2:

Ah, those were the days.

ct-death

Fish & Visitors Smell in 3 Days...
Feb 27, 2007
New Hampshire
Just flies and earthworms on occasion ;)

Fungi

Knock-Out Stuff
May 6, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I once fed one of my angels with a fly that I had caught, that's not so out there... I also tried feeding my bristlenoses sweet potato, didn't end up so well.

Fungi

Knock-Out Stuff
May 6, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
the spider i fed them was super little; one of those jumping spiders that you find around the house every once and a while. not those big wolf spiders or dady long legs. matter of fact, i havent seen dady long legs around by me in a while.
A money spider?! How could you, those things are so cute, and if you treat them well you find coins in unexpected places (like $2 coins on window sills, back of the couch, under the bed). It's not just superstition, they excrete cash

from Wikipedia
Spiders in this family are commonly known as sheet weavers (from the shape of their webs), or money spiders (in the United Kingdom, from the superstition that if such a spider is seen running on you, it has come to spin you new clothes, meaning financial good fortune).

Phil22

AC Members
Apr 9, 2007
I used to feed them that spray cheese whiz...loved it. Always take a few cans snorkeling...works great.

Slappy*McFish

Global Moderator
Staff member
Feb 18, 2002
Raleigh, NC
A money spider?! How could you, those things are so cute, and if you treat them well you find coins in unexpected places (like $2 coins on window sills, back of the couch, under the bed). It's not just superstition, they excrete cash
lol...superstition aside, most of the jumping spiders I've seen are very interesting to watch. They do seem to have an air of intelligence about them. They are very aware of the fact that you're watching them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store