Crazy question - A Pet Trust

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

budrecki

Trust me, it's for your own good.
Dec 17, 2005
Orlando,FL
My hubby and I are in the process of adopting a tortoise, no 2 legged kids here. Part of this process includes stipulating a trust in out will. There is a very real possibility Lump will out live us. This will allow for the care of the tortoise in the event of our untimely demise. I'm not sure they make you do this for human adoptions, but...whatever.

The question is, clown loaches can live 20yrs +, goldfish 30, plecos 15, many cichlids 15. Has anyone made "arrangements" for the care of their fish? What if I don't come home from the grocery store? Morbid, yes, but it does happen. Who will care for my fish?

Holly9937

AC Members
Jan 20, 2005
Michigan
I think its a great idea that you must make arrangements for your new adoption!! As for my fish, I know someone in my family would take over if something ever happened to me or my husband. We already have folks designated for our pets (the 3 dogs go to my dad, the 3 cats to my mom :D ), and I know they wouldn't leave my dear fishies behind

nursie

AC Members
Jan 15, 2005
Peoria, IL
Real Name
michelle
If I didn't come home from the grocery store, so to speak; what would probably happen is my family contact my fish club and there would be adoptions. What wasn't wanted by someone would go to the next fish club auction and that would include fish, equipment and plants. that would be if they didn't decide to keep them.

aknif

...maybe the Dingo ate your baby!!
Dec 27, 2004
Denver, CO
nursie said:
If I didn't come home from the grocery store, so to speak; what would probably happen is my family contact my fish club and there would be adoptions. What wasn't wanted by someone would go to the next fish club auction and that would include fish, equipment and plants. that would be if they didn't decide to keep them.
Same here. My hubby wouldn't want to keep my fish. He'd offer them to the family, and if no one wanted them, he'd probably come out here and post that the first person who gets to our house takes all!

:D

dr_sudz

Round Peg, In A Square hole
Nov 20, 2005
Milton Ontario, Canada
I talked it over with my wife, (I have 2 false map turtles and a couple of fish tanks plus going to build a monster tank as well) and she said she would take care of the fish for me. Ether keep them alive for the sake of the kids or find good homes for the fish. Death sucks.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store