Crenicichla compressiceps Tank Mates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AcanFan

Registered Member
Apr 13, 2016
Hello, I am currently trying to do some research on Compressiceps dwarf pike cichlids and not find a lot of information on tank mates for them. I am looking at doing a m/f pair in a 65g.

TetraFreak

Church of the Freshwater Aquarium!
Dec 14, 2005
Sweet Home "Northern" Alabama
In looking at these, South American Cichlids. Dwarfs of the larger variety as the pikes can get over 3" and everything I've found is you need tankmates that are at least half their size so they don't become a meal.

Depending in the size of the pikes, perhaps Blue Acara and Severums would be a good option.

AcanFan

Registered Member
Apr 13, 2016
In looking at these, South American Cichlids. Dwarfs of the larger variety as the pikes can get over 3" and everything I've found is you need tankmates that are at least half their size so they don't become a meal.

Depending in the size of the pikes, perhaps Blue Acara and Severums would be a good option.
The species I am looking at only get 4 inches big.

TetraFreak

Church of the Freshwater Aquarium!
Dec 14, 2005
Sweet Home "Northern" Alabama
then Blue Acaras would be good tankmates and perhaps some larger S.A. Tetras like Colombians

Reactions: AcanFan
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store