Critique my ich treatment

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
Thank you for asking. I just killed him 90 min ago. I put up a new thread--euthanization gone bad. Currently I am moping. My main tank is tolerating prophylactic treatment, though. I do think my boy had something else in addition to the ich-he hadn't been quite right in a while. My baby platy in the QT is doing just fine despite the heat, salt, and antibiotic. Why don't we just treat fish for ich when we QT them?

mademperor

Go Go Rock Bass!
Jul 5, 2007
Buffalo, NY
not to thread jack, but I though 1tbs of Salt every 5 Gallons wouldn't hurt the plants much (if at all)

I have hornwort and anacharis =P

mozart

AC Members
Mar 29, 2007
Delawhere?
I hope not. I'll let you know if everything withers away to nothing.

discusman54

AC Members
May 5, 2007
Tidewater,Virginia
I'm also treating a Discus with a mild case of ich, so far it it is slowly going away with 88 temps. Got the meds ready just in case. I read at one of the sites much like the one posted above, that the ich organism is large enough to be filtered out by a micron filter like Marinelands water polishing filter, which I have running in my Magnum at the moment. It's still in the substrate though. Wish I could find the site now, been so many places in the last few days.

FishyMatty

FishKiller
Jan 30, 2007
Milford,CT
your fish should be able to tolerate 86-90° temps for a few days.
That should be all you need to cure ick.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store