Damsel Dies and Comes Back to Life?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
Everyday when I come home from school about 9 PM, I turn on my fishtank light (because I dont like leaving it on when im not home) and I notice my damsel is all black and doesnt move and is upside down floating. After the light is on for about 5-10 minutes the damsel turns his normal colors (4 stripped tuxedo) and starts swimming around eating and acts normal. Anybody knows what is going on?

Wren

AC Members
Mar 27, 2011
Iowa
Real Name
Lisa
A lot of fish have different night time colors! Neon tetras are colorless. I've had blue damsels that turned black at night.

The upside down floating thing isn't so good. Drifting a bit, tipping to the side, those might be ok. Upside down and floating... At least he's acting normal now!

Lisa

lMorphine

AC Members
Sep 11, 2011
New York
I mean he turns pure black. His fins dont move he just floats mostly upside down. Its happened many times before but today he just look especially dead so I thought id write about it here. Im not sure what to do lol

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Stripes disappearing (or appearing) during night isn't all that weird.

The floating mostly upside down doesn't sound good though.

SunshinePuppies

AC Members
Dec 23, 2008
I have a 4 year old clown fish that has done that every night since I got it, minus the color change. I've never understood it. All my other fish act perfectly normal!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store